Predictable Vertical Bone Augmentation (Workshop on Pig Jaws)
Dr. Istvan Urban
Dr. Urban received his DMD degree and subsequently his MD degree from Semmelweis University School of Medicine and Dentistry (Budapest, Hungary) in 1991 and 1996.
He completed a full-time program in oral surgery at St. Istvan Hospital in Budapest, Hungary (1992-1996). He completed his internship program in Periodontics at UCLA.
After he graduated from the Fellowship Program (1999-2000) in Implant Dentistry at Loma Linda University in Loma Linda, California, he was appointed assistant professor the following year. Dr. Urban is licensed in the state of California (USA) and has a private practice in Budapest, Hungary.
Dr. Urban received his PhD degree in Periodontology in 2012 at the University of Szeged, Hungary. He is currently an honorary professor at the University of Szeged.
Dr. Urban is a board member of the Osteology Foundation and has published scientific articles and textbook chapters on bone regeneration and soft tissue reconstructive surgery around dental implants. Dr. Urban is an adjunct clinical associate professor at the Department of Periodontology and Oral Medicine at the University of Michigan. Recently, Dr. Urban has become a lecturer at Harvard School of Dental Medicine.
Dr. Urban is the author of the textbook titled Vertical and Horizontal Augmentation published by Quintessence, which has been published in 12 languages. Dr. Urban recently authored the second part of the book titled VERTICAL 2: The NEXT LEVEL
November 10-11, 2023
- Principles of vertical and horizontal ridge augmentation
- Diagnosis and patient selection
- Treatment Planning
- Surgical preparation and surgical steps
- Barrier selection and fixation devices
- Bone harvest regions and techniques
- Post-operative protocol
- Principles and practice of mucogingival biology and surgical procedures around dental implants
- Papilla reconstruction around single implant sites
- Re-establishment of the vestibule after vertical and horizontal augmentation
- Development of papillae for multiple site in the esthetic region
- Vertical augmentation with a newly developed titanium-reinforced membrane, bone graft and placement of mini screws
- Free connective tissue graft for papilla reconstruction after connective tissue harvest
- Xenogenic/collagen soft tissue graft combined with a strip-gingival auto-graft sandwich soft tissue augmentation technique. Micro suturing techniques for soft tissue grafting